Our garden is growing in all it's yummy glory. We have been eating squash, pan cake squash, zucchini, and cocktail tomatoes like crazy. I even have a fun new recipe to share!
This is Pancake Squash. Isn't it beautiful? It tastes very similar to yellow squash, but is a little bit firmer.
I made a gluten free, low carb option to Baked Ziti this past week. And can I just say it was THE BOMB!
Here is what I did:
1) I made Spaghetti sauce with delicious grass-fed, organic beef. i used 1 lb of beef, and this made 2 baking dishes
2) I diced 2 pancake squash and 2 zucchini into small cubes, sauteed them in olive oil and 2 cloves of freshly minced garlic for approximately 5 minutes.
3) place the sauteed veggies in 2 baking dishes. Divide 1 16 oz. container of Ricotta cheese between the 2 dishes and mix in with veggies.
4) pour spaghetti sauce over veggies.
5) top with shredded cheese (1 cup per dish)
6) bake at 350 F for 45 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
(If you don't have pancake squash (gasp???) you can use regular squash of course!)